Caregiving for a senior can be an unexpected responsibility. It can tax family members with challenging moments. The caregivers at Water Tower Nursing & Home Care offer in home senior care services which can assist family members who wish to provide quality are for a senior loved one. We start with a comprehensive service called Care Management to accommodate each client’s personal needs. Our Care Management team consists of friendly and compassionate professionals who are experienced in helping individuals and their families make important decisions related to available care.
Senior Care Services may include:
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and continence.
- Assistance with Activities Instrumental to Daily Routines (IADLs)
- Driving, preparing meals, doing housework, shopping, managing finances, managing medication, using the telephone.
- Emotional Support
- Provide regular visits and monitoring when family members are away
- Reminder services (medications, dates, routines, etc)
- Organizing and reading mail
- Accompanying to appointments and social outings
- Entertaining (crafts, games, reading, etc)
The companionship component of a professional caregiver’s job can be just as vital as the physical assistance she or he provides. It’s easy to forget how a senior’s decreasing mobility, increasing health issues, and the inevitable loss of friends and relatives over time can often lead to isolation and depression. The need can be as much for emotional and mental support as for physical assistance. A wife who loses a spouse can become depressed and lonely to the point her own health suffers. A widower’s increasing forgetfulness can put him at risk of forgetting to pay the bills, or worse, to take his medications.